PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the NW (West Cheshire)
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2016, 10:11
BAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying in the NW (West Cheshire)

Hi all.

I am keen to get back into private flying. Mainly for the social aspect and to do the odd flight around the country on a nice day.

Which clubs would you suggest I have a look at?

I haven't flown VFR/SEP for 6 years so need to revalidate my rating as well, so any advice would also be much appreciated. I do fly commercially, however I probably will need a few lessons to get back up to speed.

I live near Ashcroft Airfield however looking at their website, and after driving there one day to visit, when all the gates were closed and locked, I am left very confused as to what type of club that is...
Another option that could work for me is Harwarden, however there doesn't seem to be any flying club there. Its mainly training and commercial operations..

I could potentially make it up to Barton etc, although that would take me around 1 hour if not more with traffic. Which could make it slightly less appealing to go an visit the airfield for a few hours.

Also considering glider flying. I used to fly gliders 10+ years ago, but again I am struggling to find a club that isn't too far away, and actually fly on weekdays as well as weekends. The latter being a problem with my work commitments..

I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.