PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air League: Proposed long distance award Kirk
Old 28th Dec 2016, 23:22
noflynomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If that Cub was put in "good shape" commercially there must now be lawsuits aplenty flying around. Its appalling failure record shows is was clearly never fit to fly in the first instance. Any chance numerous self-modifications had a part to play? Surely not?

It will be interesting to see if the KAA takes as irresponsible an attitude as the UK CAA do/did to allowing this lunatic to pollute their airspace.

I well know they can be pretty stiff when it suits them and a well publicised but unauthorised "ferry flight" in a dangerously botched Cub might well prompt the KAA into action. In any case a self-righteous, loudmouth rules-averse Mzungu like Maurice is exactly what winds up the Uhuru crowd to breaking point. Good for them!

I, for one, do not wish him luck. I wish him firmly grounded where he can do no further harm to the reputation of aviation of which he has already left a shameful and disgraceful legacy.

He possesses no skills or attributes that any aspiring aviator needs or wants. His best legacy is to be used as a shameful training example representing all that a good aviator should not be.