PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2016, 20:52
WHYEYEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm an entirely happy Easy skipper at LGW. Possibly the only one by the looks of things. Yes 5 days off are hard. I struggle with 5 earlies in a row and especially during the summer. If it's all getting too much though then you don't have to go in do you? Having said that I haven't actually gone fatigued for over 18 months.

Yes, crewing own you during your 5 days on and roster stability in the summer is shocking. We have just gained more control over refusing significant short notice changes however so this should help in a small way. Personally, if I finish work and the Malaga I was going to do tomorrow has changed to a Faro then I don't get too upset about it. I just turn up at the new report time and get on with it. If it gets changed to a Larnaca then I can refuse it if it doesn't suit or take the £50 change payment if it does.

5354 is great. Socially, my free weekends are booked up until the middle of March. Family life is good. I do plenty of school runs on days off or before / after work. It has, at least a couple of times, been assumed I'm a stay-at-home Dad.

Easy is not a mature employer (no private health (just buy some) / pension not as good (top it up and avoid 60% income tax) and takes as much as it can from it's workforce. On the flip side, there are plenty of thing you can take from Easy such as regional / continental bases.

You should certainly look urgently at parental leave. It costs very little due to the tax situation and generates extra leave. The benefit of the fixed pattern here is that for only 5 days unpaid leave, you get 12 consecutive days off.

It's not a sexy airline, it's not a luxury brand. But the days out are fun and it suits me and the life I want to lead so I'm fat, dumb and happy.

There is probably a reason why this street is one way though!!