PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2016, 06:49
maggot

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Transition Layer
maggot,

What's in it for the company to create positions in Perth and then base balance to the East Coast? Why wouldn't they just make the positions on the East Coast to begin with?

My personal belief is that the A330 will almost entirely disappear from East-West flying and be re-deployed internationally. Maybe one or two flights in the morning and afternoon peak each day will stay, but other than that it will be 737s, meaning plenty of flying ex Perth. Virgin are doing the same with their A330s once they start China and Abu Dhabi.

The rumours of more international flying ex Perth for the 737 was floating around a while back too, that could be the other reason.
Firstly it was mostly a joke. Although it happens frequently enough that it begs the question - the base allocation staff are just trying to help the guys out for the most part, at least that was my experience... perth slots advertised heaps in the last few year but the base hasn't really grown, theyve just continually headed east.

Imo the 330 perth base should never have started. And the flying is all east then asia which is good for the company at 5:30.

Yeah i think some more int flying ex perth, but that is a big increase for the base size...