PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MYT Flight Revolt
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2003, 19:13
Paterbrat

I am a figment of my own imagination

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

The thread is interesting for a number of reasons. 'Chinese whispers' show that despite some quite clear facts, the interpretations by the various readers have left most of them with quite differing pictures of what went on and what they would/would not have done, and their mindsets.

It demonstrates that almost any action taken by the Captain would have found him open to someone's criticism and a hero to some, unprofessional to others, lazy uncaring git to the remainder.

It show that the tabloids will spin to sell, and cater to an audience whose titalation is the pricipal object of the exercise. Truth figures in a vague sort of way, and generaly comes way behind in the list of an editors priority's. Most are a waste of good paper.

Groundbased's account of actual reports from passengers actualy there and involved, would seem to have a ring of truth. MYT is like many others is struggling to survive and this sounds like an effort above and beyond by a staff member detirmined to do his best for his company and his passengers.

The hows why's and wherefor's aside, it is a demonstration of someone trying to sort out a problem and get the job done despite the odds. In a day and age where most people are simply out for themselves and the easy way out, where trains planes and automobiles are late, cancelled or in a gridlock it makes for a refreshing read.

My hat is off to the Captain of that flight.