PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EVA B777 close call departing LAX
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2016, 16:41
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bedder believeit
I'll also add that the "good" North Americans were very good.
'North Americans' is often a code phrase for Canadians in my experience. It doesn't mean Mexicans. Beware cheap imitations from the Great White North. And never get between a Canadian and a Walmart in the lower 48.

Kinda like when someone says they are a 'pilot with a major airline', it usually means a commuter or freight dog FO. And when they are a 'consultant', it often means that they are between flying jobs.

But, mentioning Hong Kong, you can see vast cultural differences in say, the departures out of HKG and those out of LAX, both with significant terrain in the area. We Americans like simplicity in aviation. But I do agree that we need to do much better with our ATC phraseology in the international realm.

Originally Posted by aterpster
This woman should find another line of work. But, the FAA will simply decertify her, send her to Oklahoma City for remedial training, then she will be back at the scopes.
She certainly won't be fired. And, if it is like some cases over on the pilot side, she may be able to get a settlement and be paid not to come back to work.