PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2016, 07:16
Haraka

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
pilotmike

T C--T's Wiki entry currently reflects the misinformation (lies directly put to them by her over-zealous PR team???) upon which her honourary degree was awarded:
Quote:
In May 2016, the Air League presented her with a framed address in recognition of her flight from Farnborough to Sydney.[31][32] In July 2016, the University of Portsmouth, England, awarded her an honorary doctorate degree, based on the misunderstanding that her journeys had been flown solo: "...in recognition of your recent inspirational 13,000 mile solo flight from Farnborough to Sydney.", as cited by Graham Galbraith, Vice Chancellor, University of Portsmouth, in his letter dated 16th February 2016, flights which she now concedes were not flown solo. [33]
I wonder how long the team of ruthless editors - indeed censors - will let this inconvenient truth remain, as it doesn't sit comfortably with the story they want told,

Yup! Speedily( in panic ? ) removed as below:
Latest revision as of 19:16, 25 December 2016 (edit) (undo)
185.69.144.92 (talk)
(Undid revision 756612822 by 2A00:23C4591:1600:2193FF:FE0C:3930 (talk) this is original research, is not permitted)

Dear reader ( and I know there are very many of you) if you haven't already done so, I do recommend your reading the TC-T Wikipedia page. Do look at "View History", to witness the almost innumerable modifications and deletions, before finally settling down with a glass of the seasonal to read ,in "Talk", the hilarious ( and inept) textual gymnastics attempting to obfuscate well sourced and rationally constructed analysis. Doubtless you will draw your own conclusions regarding the ongoing continuation of this clumsily mismanaged and now inevitably escalating PR farce.

Last edited by Haraka; 26th Dec 2016 at 08:41.