PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAAE about to bite dust?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2003, 17:08
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sore-foot,

It's not IAF. From my converstion this is how I interprete their position ( and I could be wrong).

I think that as they are not looking to operate for AAE, they don't see the need to pay the inflated cost the administrators would think Aeromarine is worth. The only reason for buying Aeromarine is if you need continuous operations to service AAE. Otherwise why pay the price and still have to go though hoops with CASA. I'd almost guarantee that CASA are going to take the attitude that any significant change in the operation will require a relook anyway and that will include management, ownership etc.

The see the set up as something that needs to be redone and in terms of 727 ops a relatively minor cost in the overall scheme of operating 727's. They have done it before and have some of the necessary structure to accomodate the operation.

They do however see value in the fact that the aircraft are on the register and as we know the aircraft are not in the control of the administrator.

I also know they are concerned about the culture/morale that will have developed within TAA as a result of this little event and would rather have a greenfield site. That said, I'm sure they will probably pick the eyes out of the satff if they go ahead and are they are still available. However they also have number of staff that they will bring back into operation.

I believe they are speaking??? Meeting ??? with the administrators tomorrow but with reservations about there being anything that would come of it. My discussion indicated that they didn't think too much of the administrators.

In summary the parts they want they can get external to the administrator and that is my reason for doubting whether this is the so called mystery bidder.