PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maurice Kirk is in Africa
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2016, 14:44
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Beagle makes a valid point.
Jay Sata, your evident interest in the ridiculous antics of the idiotic Kirk runs the risk of undermining the excellent work you have done in exposing the lies of TC-T - it makes you look like just another story-hungry journo.

I suggest you leave Kirk to his own devices - that's all he deserves.
I have had a few similar private messages Beagle.

Below is my reply.

Kirk has been the architect of his own demise through his often selfish anti social attitude.

However he has managed some interesting long distance flying in challenging circumstance.

Although I have suggested he might be worthy of a minor award from the Air League you may have noticed my support does not extend to writing his nomination.

I see his facebook pages have been closed down. I suspect the reason being that he used them to launch personal attacks on Sam (Rutherford).
In my opinion Kirk could be now basking in a retirement funded by his veterinarian skills
and flying ability.

However he appears to have a short fuse when faced with those who challenge him when he feels he is in the right.

Hence the well documented litigation issues. If only he had adddressed these matters long ago the saga would not have been so long strung out or have cost him and the public purse so much.

However this is a pilots and flying forum so we are not here to judge the people
beyond their aviation exploits.

I admire his tenacity and ability to address every disaster and not give up.

Everyone wrote him off in South Sudan and it appears his illness is genuine. As a vet I guess he is well qualified to treat himself. If he pulls this one off then we have to admire him.

I have read a lot about Douglas Bader and am of the opinion that he at one time shared a similar attitude to Kirk. Different times make for different recognition.

If I had to suggest a great idea for a tv reality programme it would be putting Kirk and TCT in the same aircraft from the Falklands to Florida on a small budget.

And for Maurice Kirk I wish good luck and success for reaching Cape Town in the New Year.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 25th Dec 2016 at 15:20.