PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERT flight April 2010
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2016, 12:32
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Cheers for your help with this Al.
One of my proudest days as a surgeon was seeing Shaun walk down the aisle at his wedding.
The challenge now, in these times of further cuts to medical personnel, is to never forget the lessons that i and others have learnt and that are written in the blood, sweat and tears of patients, doctors, nurses, MERT medical and aircrew, CCAST medical and aircrew, the WM Police outriders that treated every patient as a Presidential motorcade on the journey from C17 to RCDM in WM NHS ambulances any time 24/7 and everyone else that played their part in what was probably the most impressive aeromed pathway in the world at that time.
The collaboration of military and NHS medical and nursing staff that is the RCDM would not have had such good results if the patients had not arrived in such good shape. Often better than they left Bastion.
Merry Christmas,
Hippo
Hippo, are writing the book as a personal account or is it a medical textbook of trauma management.

I totally agree with your sentiments that the knowledge learnt does not have to be re-learnt in 10 years time.

Have a wonderful Christmas.