PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAX on the flight deck
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2016, 06:29
Octane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
last time I was "up the front" was about 6 years ago in an A330?, bit vague about it for reasons that will become clear...
Flying a 6 hour overnight sector with a not to be named carrier in Business Class. I was the only person awake, had read a few newspapers, done the crosswords, gone through a bottle of champers, was well into the red ( all French) and minding my own business when about an hour out from our destination I was approached by the Flight Attendant. She said "The Captain would like to talk you", I've gone huh!? What's she on about?!
She motioned to me to leave my seat (1A) and follow her. I thought about it then agreed (been up front several times prior on various aircraft). Left my wine on the table and entered the flight deck. Warm greetings from the Captain and F/O, first words were "light up if you like". 2 minutes later the three of us are puffing away getting to know each other when the F/A returns with my glass topped up! Conversation was great, I speak their lingo to their delight which helps, when to my horror the F/A returned and topped up my glass! And she did so every 10 minutes, to check on the level of my glass.....
We got to TOD and Capt. said "Octane, you're most welcome to stay for the landing if you like". Problem was, Octane was pickled, well and truly!
To their surprise I made some lame excuse about having to do "something" and took my leave after thanking them for the privilege. Stumbled back to my seat and on we went. I slept soundly that day....
Laughing now as I write this..
As I said, this was 6 years ago, don't know if it would happen now?

Last edited by Octane; 25th Dec 2016 at 06:57.