PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 225 Return to REAL Service
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2016, 19:09
Concentric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roscoe1,

I didn’t think your post was rude at all, so I apologize if you think my reply was a bit sharp. You are absolutely right that details of the RTA seem a long time in coming out, particularly (I would add) when you consider that against the backdrop of other unilateral statements by AH. But then again, your later comment regarding courtrooms could well explain that and a certain desire by AH to cloud the actual cause, for instance by removing -07 gears from service and imposing daily inspections with -06 gears fitted. Red herrings, possibly.

That was why I thought your comment “l can't help but think that the things you know about should be evaluated before the things you hypothesize about” had a certain irony about it (although I am not sure if irony is appreciated in all cultures) that I turned in the direction of AH (not you) and suggesting they had been laying a smokescreen.

Any report on that post-RTA inspection and ‘repair’ would probably fall short of expectations in identifying the root cause, since if it did then AH would (hopefully) have done exactly what you suggested right there and then and binned it. It would only be gaps in the report that would open up more hypotheses.