PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta pilots get 18% pay increase.
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2016, 17:06
TangoUniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After Delta's bankruptcy, they indeed took massive terms and conditions slashes. But that was ten years ago. And I am in no way saying that money wise will we approach their standard of pay. However, instead, we have had our T&Cs eroded from hours flown, to days off restrictions, to compensation. I ask you honestly and with sincerity, since 2009, what improvements have we seen? Maybe a small increase in accommodation and education allowance, but that doesn't do anything for those who haven't opted out and have no children.

So what airlines would you compare us to? Again, the reason I ask is the facade put forth by marketing and recruitment that gives the impression we are the best.

And finally, something we can all sink our teeth in. DAL has around 13,000 pilots, numerous bases and a dozen different categories (we have four), and massive work rule restrictions. So how long does it take to publish one's roster after the bid closes? 24-48 hours. All this info is readily available on APC......Airline Pilot Central.

So I don't think my argument has holes in it. One IS a top tier airline, the other pretends it is. And I am not talking about just our terms and conditions. Just ask yourself this, would you actively go back to your home country and recruit for your employer? Would you put your reputation as a pilot on the line? How you answer that says it all. And funny, I really enjoy my time here.