PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EVA B777 close call departing LAX
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2016, 16:10
Sailvi767

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Back2Final
When I turn aircraft the long way around:" EVA15 it will be a left turn on course today, turn left heading 180". I also only give the non English types one instruction at a time. May take a few extra transmissions but you save time not having them asking to confirm something or a long winded reply. With the US not being responsible for errors in read backs, I sometimes wonder if they pay attention or if they are already onto the next task in their mind. And did I hear correctly she assigned an altitude with a frequency change and didn't receive a read back? Seemed like an accident/incident waiting to happen.
I keep hearing in posts here that in the US controllers have no read back responsibilities. That is not true. They are required to monitor and correct a bad readback and face discipline if they miss a bad readback. What is true in the US is that as a pilot if you read back a clearance wrong and the controller fails to catch the error it does not absolve you from possible FAA action.