PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - finance for sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2016, 19:50
Qtr Life Crisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not disagreeing with the very experienced Redsnail (especially about listening only to the schools).

I would do my own market research if I were you however. Things have changed after a 15 year low in aviation caused by the 9/11 and GFC combination. Things are looking good for the next few years, but at the same time it could get very bad very quickly (think Trump goes crazy, EU collapse, tensions in the SCS etc). The good side is there is an almost unstoppable boom in Asia, India and Indonesia as well as a developing vacuum in the US and a bottleneck of old pilots in Australia. Quite a few of the guys who kept training when I stopped 8 years work in those markets and they love it.

I would just do it If I were you, I stopped pilot training in 2008 because the market was awful (and that should have been the crest of the 7 year sine wave as 2001 also should have been) and I wouldn't have started again (in 8 weeks) if I hadn't done my research and mixed that in with a bit of good old fashioned hope!

P.S In all fields lots of people dont get jobs right away, lots of people do. The main difference is that only one of those groups have a lot of time to spend on forums spreading misery!