PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former Paras prosecuted for Murder in 1974
Old 23rd Dec 2016, 14:15
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Quote:

racedo

So are you saying that all action by the British Army was unjustified but that the actions of the PIRA, INLA and any other kind of IRA, were justified as retaliation for the wholly illegal actions(every shot fired) of the British Army?

FB
You bloody well know I am not saying that.

What I posted was that as a result of certain actions it caused a lot more lives to be lost...............later deaths were a reaction.
That's just what I thought you were saying, you are indeed justifying, if in selected instances, the actions of a Marxist Terror Group. In other words , as I have understood it, the British Army are responsible for the actions, certain actions, of a terrorist organization. Do the terrorists carry any responsibility for their own actions or can they be justified simply as a reaction, bearing in mind the British Soldiers were seen as a legitimate target by all the republican elements. Personally, I would say any action against the IRA or INLA was justified, the whole episode is laced with acts of brutal violence by the IRA and attempts by the Security Forces to run them to earth, to start picking instances where the balance of right and wrong tipped in there favour goes a long way to giving them a legitimate standing after all.

FB