PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2016, 11:33
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Airpolice was just trying to inject some humour to a rather sad situation. I'll read his/her post as satire, and not be worrying about the letters after my name...

Clearly, Tim (forked tongue) Kelly has done his utmost to correct the SOLO part by persuading the HCAP and now Pompey Poly to change their story and paperwork to fit the recently uncovered facts.
... change their story and paperwork to fit....

To my recollection, on every occasion when a sporting award issued, was later found to be undeserving, it was stripped from the athlete, and none too politely either. Lance Armstrong, doped Russian Olympians, and Ben Johnson the runner come to mind. In my opinion, a university (institution of intellect and research!) has a much higher standard to maintain in issuing its awards than a sporting group - who right now seem to be the standard of honour. That's a bit embarrassing for the university.

No, TCT has not done everything she could do to correct the situation, she has the option (and invitation) to avail herself of the same media who reported her lies to have them report her truths, rather than quietly changing things in the background, in the hope that it won't be noticed.

And what is this PPRuNe witch hunt accomplishing? Well, whether TCT ever honours up or not is one thing, but at least the next aviation liar to be will think twice about it! Apparently, right now, members of PPRuNe are upholding the standard for truth in piloting which the HCAP and Portsmouth University will not! Perhaps in the future those and other organizations will recall the PPRuNe search for truth, and do their homework before issuing awards!