PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2016, 06:49
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@SEN Observer

Look, it's like this old boy, stick to the issues, park you personal emotions they've got no place in business. This is business.

I just don't see how some of those proposed routes are sustainable. It's very shortermism in my personal opinion. Some will work but ultimately pax loads will be questionable over the longrun performance. Secondly, passenger volumes routing through SEN need increasing, and when I say they need increasing, I mean fast and in significant volumes. What many of us have seen played out by the management at Stobart and the airport is lack lustre solutions. In this day and age, there is no room for below average performance, it will hurt the business, threaten employment security and destroy value. The soft launch announcement is not going to effectively resolve the business objectives or the problem. That's the harsh business view - no emotion, it's binary. It works or it doesn't in terms of ramping up sustainable services which passengers are actually interested in using very frequently and over the long term.