PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 225 Return to REAL Service
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2016, 04:22
Satcomm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will be a never ending debate about safety systems and safety records but stats don't lie!! Currently both the 225 and the 92 each have a single accident causing fatalities. Both types have numerous other incidents/accidents on their records that flaw their safety records. Unfortunately for the 225, it just happens to share its life with the "super puma family." If you could separate it from the family and just look at it, it's quite a safe aircraft statistically.

The 2 bevel gear ditchings of the 225, luckily ended up as good as one could hope for in that situation ... By that, I mean the aircraft made it safely to the water and everyone made it home to their families.

I haven't done any official research on the next comment but since the 225 accident, how many emergency landings has the direct competitor had? How many emergency landings have you guys heard of in total for the other guy? I think there has been a many of right time right place for her so far ... Always seems to be a rig, farmers field, rice paddy, jungle ... Something nearby, to prevent the next big ditching.