PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 20:52
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for the distraction

Sorry to drag this off thread but I'm not going to let this anonymous BS to sit out in the open without a response.

Funny how people love to take anonymous pot shots but no one ever has the guts to say stuff to your face. In Mohikan's case this sad obsession goes back more than 6 years.

So once again I'll state publicly what I've previously stated publicly 6 years ago. It's what I tell every person I fly with who asks my background.

I'm an ex Qantas cadet. I graduated the Australian Aviation College (later it became known as Flight Training Adelaide) in 1992. I've never been a RAAF pilot. I've never told anyone I was an ex RAAF pilot. If someone has asked me if I was ex RAAF I've said 'no'.

Here's the rest of the story for the avoidance of doubt.

I started as a 744 S/O in January '95. I failed my first line check as a 767 F/O around Sept '97. I facilitated CRM from 2004- 2005. I converted to the 744 as a F/O in 2006. I converted back to the 767 and upgraded to command in 2008. I failed Com 8 sim along the way. I was demoted to F/O A380 in early 2015 when the 767 was retired. I converted to the A330 and got my command back in a PER base in Jan 16. I commute from Sydney.

I spent 20 years in various ranks within the Air Training Corps/ Australian Air Force Cadets. I'm happy to detail those ranks and appointments if anyone cares- I suspect no one does. My one and only experience in any RAAF aircraft was a PC9 ride in early 2001.

I've got a daughter who has just finished her HSC and wants to be a neo-natal nurse; a son who is going into year 9; and a daughter going into year 4. I'm a Sydney Swans member and I go to an Anglican church in the Sutherland Shire every Sunday I can. I'm pretty much an open book here, on Qrewroom, and flying the line.

Mohikan's identity on the other hand.........

I'd be very surprised if any PER F/O thought I was ex RAAF. Given Mohikan's previous form of simply making stuff up (try an advanced search of Mohikan's username with my handle of Keg as the 'keyword' for some examples of the type of tripe that make up the obsession) my money is this is yet another fabrication.

If I talk Christianity on the flight deck it's because the subject has come up, not because I've pushed it. When discussing why I'm not interested certain things that other crew are I'll explain its due to my Christian faith. If they ask, I go into more detail. If they don't, I don't.

Sorry again everyone for the distraction. It's sad that cowards like Mohikan and Mach Tuck never have the guts to say anything to someone's face but try and damage reputations whilst anonymously hiding behind their keyboards.

Merry Christmas to all the nice people on PPRUNE. My thanks to IsDon and mcgrath50 for their support. Really appreciate it.

Last edited by Keg; 22nd Dec 2016 at 21:45.