PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 16:31
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well now. Standby, direct message follows.

Originally Posted by Tuck Mach
My attempts to show the game has changed isn't fantasy, it is at all airlines largely a result of corporate tagging wagging the flight operations dog..An adversarial IR and HR structure is a characteristic of Qantas and it is more pronounced these days than ever, hence the confusion that many new candidates are finding. The escalation was certainly evident in 2011 and the roll out continues.

The courageous semi anonymous postings are interesting psychologically but information may just help someone who was looking to understand the game from the HR side. I wish all new applicants well in the new confusing HR processes, airlines sure aren't what they used to be!

And for the record, fantasy would be letting your colleagues assume that you were RAAF, when in actuality the lauding over young cadets is as far as you got.
You make some good points, some I even agree with. HR, as an example, should be a support organisation. They are now an empire with way more influence than they deserve. Quite how the head of Qantas HR is higher than the chief pilot on the corporate tree I'll never know.

Adversarial IR, yes, certainly in the past, but the last EA negotiations seemed (from one not directly involved in negotiations) to have been conducted with far more mutual respect and consultation. This is directly attributable to the people involved on both sides of the table. All are honourable people who I have personally worked with and know well. We owe them all a collective debt of gratitude.

Your last sentence, however, does your credibility no favours whatsoever.

I have known Keg for many years and have had the pleasure of sharing the 767 flight deck with him on many occasions, although far too few. His professionalism and standing within Qantas is beyond reproach. Regular PPRuNers know he has always been open and honest with his time and advice. His advice even helped me into Qantas after I spent a year in the wilderness post Ansett debacle. Before that I spent 16 years in the RAAF. Keg has never once represented that he was a former RAAF pilot, although I'm certain if he had the opportunities I was fortunate enough to have he would have had a stellar career. Perhaps he was the victim of the HR mafia you seem so angry at, I don't know. What I do know is that, despite not serving as a RAAF pilot, he has done more for the RAAF by nurturing young kids into a future career in the military, than any other person I know. He even tried to get me to sign up for the cadets once. I'll be the first to admit I'm a lot more selfish with my time than Keg. Just like the other 99% of the population.

Your comments also deride the Air Force Cadets as an organisation. Many past, present and future Air Force officers and airmen are given their first taste of the RAAF through this organisation. In fact my nephew has been with the organisation for many years, was sent solo in a glider at age 15 thanks to an Air Force Cadet scholarship, has been given work experience on two bases in recent years and continues to use their guidance to realise his career goal of joining ADFA as a RAAF pilot trainee. It's a wonderful organisation filled with great people.

So, Pal, in closing, PULL YOUR HEAD IN! Now please return to the Qantas recruitment discussion.

Last edited by IsDon; 22nd Dec 2016 at 16:44.