PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 10:56
alemaobaiano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we're all familiar with the 'whitewash'. It appears to me that Lemme thinks (note the language construction) that by using new sources of 'independent' data he can construct a narrative that makes a whitewash less likely, or easier to invalidate, than was possible before the advent of services such as FR24. I don't have the knowledge to judge whether or not he's made a success of it.
Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that point of view. Lemme's narrative, based as it is on incomplete data, is more likely to lead to cries of whitewash when the official report comes out, if it contains anything that doesn't agree with his analysis.

That isn't a direct criticism of his work but an observation on the nature of the internet. Nobody wants to wait, people want "facts" now, flawed or otherwise. Lemme's narrative is already being read by some as "the only true story" and so anything that comes later contradicting this received wisdom will be seen as a cover up.

Now where do I pick up my old git t-shirt?