PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For the thinker in GA! In defence of the employer
Old 14th Aug 2003, 07:45
Transition Layer

Received 88 Likes on 34 Posts
G'day,

For those of you suggesting that I (or anyone else arguing against below award conditions) don't love or enjoy flying as much as you because we wouldn't do it for free or something less than award, I am extremely pi55ed off!!!

I do love flying a great deal, and I have chosen to do it for a career therefore I approach it in a professional manner at all times. This begins with conditions and pay! Do not sell yourself short!
Next Generation
...not believing that the world owes them a living
It doesn't mean expecting a million bucks for your services, it means getting what the Federal Government, in consultation with Industrial Tribunals, has determined you are worth!

And Continental - 520
Your employer...would also LOVE to pay you ABOVE award, but you know what? They CAN'T!
If they can't afford to do that, then perhaps they aren't charging the right rate for their aircraft? I saw recently in another post that your boss decided to give you a pay rise more in accordance with the award - why was that? Did he start charging more or did he reduce costs elsewhere? It must have come from somewhere...

Will anything positive ever come of these seemingly endless discussions we have on GA pay and conditions????

TL