PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Part 61 conundrum for Australian ATPL applicants
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 03:47
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
So the Comminwealth requires that to get an ATPL you must complete a flight test? Yep, show you're good enough against published standards. Gosh!! That's a harsh burden.

And to fly in a multi crew aircraft you have to have been trained in the arts of multi crew cooperation. Again. Gosh!!

Some of you folks need to get out a bit more often. You're jumping at shadows that don't exist.

Sherm
Typically flippant response from someone with no clue.

I note also that after I utterly destroyed your argument 2 pages ago (as shown here = http://www.pprune.org/9232901-post161.html), you've simply chosen to ignore it and repeat the now thoroughly debunked tripe above.

You need to get your facts right and cease speaking of that which you clearly have no idea. The test cost me thousands upon thousands of dollars. What did it achieve? Am I now safer than someone who hasn't done the test? Are those who haven't 'met the standards' to which you speak no longer safe? If not, then why are they allowed to fly? If yes, then why did I have to do the test? It doesn't stand to reason.

What is the evidence that this test will increase safety in this country, please point to it. I'm all ears.