PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172/Full Flaps/Ac veered off runway
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2016, 17:04
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't say that I have much faith in the whole ARC/CofA system around GA
Who cares about the system, it's the people you surround yourself with, which is important. If you don't have faith that the maintainers of the 'plane are keeping it airworthy, don't fly it, and don't associate with those people. As the pilot, it is you who are responsible for not flying a 'plane which you suspect may not be airworthy. The maintainers either satisfied you, or they did not, in any case, the decision to fly an airworthy 'plane lies with the pilot.

I hear you loose about 100 rpms by using mogas on your typical continental o200
If the Mogas is of an approved type (no ethanol), this is not correct. There will be zero affect on the operation of the engine. I have 3300 hours flying O-200's on Mogas, plus about 50 hours flying an O-200 on pure, or close to it ethanol. If you add more than about 5% ethanol to mogas, then yes, you may begin to see power reduction resulting from running lean. It won't be 100 RPM though, until the percentage of ethanol is much higher.

As soon as the stall warner comes on 'look out, there's a fire truck on the runway!!'. Full power, correct the swing, climbing attitude, then drag flap away, note positive rate of climb, then retract other 2 stages.

BTW, on the PA28, we say 'extend' or 'retract' instead of 'raise' or 'lower', as the latter causes too much confusion with the position of the flap lever. Raise and lower is fine for the Cessna.
Excellent, "extend" and "retract" are clear and concise. Now "stages", as I know it is for the theater. All the flaps I know in GA 'planes have extension expressed in degrees.

And thanks for "correct for swing", it means that we have not totally drifted this thread!