PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2016, 12:52
Chugalug2

Received 226 Likes on 70 Posts
Danny 42C:-
I must apologise for addressing my Post #9862 to Geriaviator (when it should clearly have been to you), as if #9548 was from him and not from you.
Worry not Danny. The attribution was merely for blatant plagiarising of a Googled YouTube post anyway, and to be confused with Geriaviator is mere flattery!

As to:-
We Seniors easily become confused !
Pull the other one Sir! Your ability to refer back by hundreds of posts on this thread to illustrate a point is well known and, as Geriaviator rightly says, the 10,000th post looms on the horizon and should be rightly reserved for you, the thread Mentor and Senior Pilot of our Cyber Crewroom!

Interesting that you cite the good ergonomics of the Spitfire cockpit. I always understood that, excellent as the aircraft was, its internal arrangements accorded with standard UK practice of "find a space and bolt whatever right there". Could not the U/C and Flap controls be confused in a hurry, being close together, or was that an entirely different aircraft that I'm thinking of?

I remember that on first acquaintance the Hercules layout as being very impressive compared with the seemingly random disposition of radios etc in the Hastings. Was not the Mustang also supposedly impressive in regard to its ergonomics?

Finally many thanks for your Season's Wishes which I return in full by saying a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you, and to all who share this shabby but extremely warm hearted Crew Room!