PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2016, 01:26
Reversethrustset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, that is the SOP, I said it can do 243kts which is factually correct, whether we'll be allowed to do something close to that or not flying out of LHR remains to be seen. Either way 235kts will still fit within flow management within the lower London TMA, please don't make me go through the STAR charts to show you 220kts, and remember it can do 275kts above FL100 if needed.
To be honest Chesty who cares about it being slow above 6000ft? By then you are away from LHR and talking to London Control, you already know that we've been flying in the London TMA for years with no issues, this is specifically talking about LHR operations.
The SOP is to climb at 210kts, but it'll happily climb at 250 if you wanted it to, and no the correct climb profile will not have you down to 165kts at FL250, I think the fact that you moved North for the Embraer a fairly long time ago means the way it climbs in the higher levels has become a bit woolly. 165kts is way below the clean minimum manoeuvre speed. End of the day we're discussing semantics that isn't really relevant, the dash has flown into LGW for years with no issues, I don't see LHR being any different, that's provided our captains don't decide to fly a flap 35 approach into there just because they "can"

I'll check out that incident, thanks.