PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2016, 23:47
Phalconphixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@LGWAlan... Yee Ha! Thank you so much for that great news. I had missed it because El Pais In English the Spanish online Daily newspaper failed to include it in its listings!
For me and my OH its brilliant news... we have a teeny weeny townhouse more or less under the approach path to Rw 09.
AGP is a bitch to get to from Granada by public transport... no direct train route (never has been!) and while there are several buses per day, only one a day each way serves the villages and towns en-route... so its a taxi or hire car... When we were expecting visitors, I used to monitor Granada Approach listening out for the handoff then go out to my car and take a steady 70kph drive to the airport, invariably arriving just as the aircraft touched down.
@RAT5 Totally agree... Everything you say about the airport is correct; wonderful city wonderful province.
Local bus companies need to liaise more with the airport authorities however... There is a direct service to Granada City and a couple of other minor towns and villages but the Inter-City bus co. ALSA do not go there at all... and never have done...