PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap flying schools?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2016, 21:05
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by India Four Two
planesandthings,

That is great, but how many days did you spend hanging around on cold, windy airfields to get to your current skill level?
I won't lie, I spent quite a few to get my level, it's all part of the fun and I've learned a hell of a lot more than just how to fly. But what's the difference? You're only going to gain the experience through building hours to move to the next skill level which isn't quite so affordable at £120+ an hour, especially when young, so it's going to take time regardless!
Much easier for the OP in this case who is a similar age to me to therefore spend some time hanging around on cold, windy airfields learning some valuable non flying skills along the way than having to work multiple jobs to get anywhere near the same amount of hours and fun in power. The only teenagers with hundreds of hours either have rich parents or are glider pilots! For the record I'm not one of these people who dislikes the power world, I just believe at times some see gliding as some sort of dead end when there's far more opportunities than you think!