PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA captain went above & beyond
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2016, 14:39
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent behaviour and just as it should be. There is definitely a 'bit of old school values' in this. I wonder, but am sceptical, if this aspect of 'leadership' is even discussed on modern 3000hr youngsters command courses.

As an aside, I am disappointed at captains who only make any non-normal PA's from their hidden den, over PA's that are sometimes inaudible; and so-called senior cabin crew or pursers, or whatever they are called, making pax announcements hiding away in the galley. There is one national airline I fly with, and it is very noticeable to be company policy and very effective in being respectful, that the purser stands 'on stage' and announces to the pax face to face.
The crew-pax relationship is a PR exercise. That seems to have been lost by many policy makers and so-called managers. Some have worked in only one airline and have no idea of true standards shown elsewhere.

Well done Mr. BA captain. The flag of chivalry still flies in some forgotten corner that is forever............