PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin MPL 2017
Thread: Virgin MPL 2017
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2016, 14:24
PiterPSP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BaronVonBarnstormer
I just got rejected too.

Last year I got through to phase 4 interview with Virgin, which was the final 48/6000 odd.

The questions were the same this year so I used the same answers i wrote last year, with a few very minor tweaks to make it read better and bring it up to date.

I have 200 hours Gliding so no question I have the commitment to aviation.

I cant see how the goalposts have moved so much?
I think using same answeres was the thing that let you down, Baron. I read many times on this forum: do not put the same answers twice! It may have been perceived as choosing a soft option or being lazy. Maybe those minor changes were not enough to show them how you have improved since previous application.
On the other hand, they stated in rejection emails (unfortunately I received one...) that the response to porgramme was "unprecedented" and "overall standard was fantastic"
It's obvious that they had to reject plethora great applications due to limits of candidates for stage 2. And that was very demanding task for the selection team. Eventually that's only 12 places we're competing for, so hundreds of us will feel underestimated and disappointed but unfortunately that's how it is in this profession.
Good luck to all and hopefully see you next time on assessments and eventually in flightdeck!