PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Miles M.52 and the X-1 - again!
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2016, 02:54
megan

Received 398 Likes on 210 Posts
megan: your 2 most recent posts will be unwelcome to Crecy and to Air-Britain, both with imminent books on/with M.52. Such is the lure of conspiracy.
tornadoken, how right you are. Osprey Publishing have just put out a publication, as part of their "Xplanes" series, titled "Bell X-1", authored by Peter E. Davies, who is a frequent contributor to the magazines put out by Key Publishing.

I sent an email to the Osprey editor asking for it to be forwarded to Peter Davies, in which I detailed the errors in his publication - those enunciated in this thread. No reply has been received.

Today I logged onto the KeyPublishing Forum web site, something I've not done for years and years, to receive the following message,
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
It would seem a section of the British community is not interested in facts, but prefer to dwell in a state of delusion. And please, don't do anything to relieve us of our delusion, we prefer to live a lie. Seems like Tracy Curtis-Taylor all over again.

It would seem Lance Corporal Jack Jones had it right, "They don't like it up 'em!" Perhaps they took exception to my observation in the email to them, "As a document detailing a period of historic importance, I’m afraid the best use to which Browns M.52 book can be put is to light your campfire."

Oh, and by the way, the Osprey book is OK, but perpetrates the usual myths about the British giving the US all the details, and British influence on the X-1 design. The author doesn't understand the X-1 pitch control system, in places he has it correct, and in others it's obvious he hasn't.