PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC FTL's MIDDLE EAST
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2016, 16:50
SilverSeated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's not summer yet, but is the sun getting to you all? All you guys ever complain about is fatiguing rosters and now you have an opportunity to give the matter some prominence, you complain!
I agree with what Anson says...

777 rosters in EK are a unique mix of short and long haul rarely seen outside the ME, therein lies the problem. Written laws on FTL's are not cognisant of the reality and therefore stupid levels of fatigue experienced by the average EK 777 pilot.

I know the 380 guys are flying similar hours, but its a different operation entirely and cannot be compared to the 777. Its all legal on paper, but the reality tells a different story.

Orla I wish you luck in your research, any publicity/expose will be well received by the pilot fraternity out here.

Getting them to speak is another story!

Why is the sudden interest on this topic? Is this because somebody's temporary employment contract coming to an end?
BBC never showed interest on FTLs/FDTLs even after Fly Dubai accident and Emirates operational incident. Why now?
No wonder people now believe Fake News more so than Main Stream Media.
I think you'll find the BBC is one of the few credible sources of mainstream media left, not sure what your point is...and if you really are not a pilot why would you care?