PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair severs ties with Flybe
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2016, 13:24
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartyMeatballs
Appears to be lots of bad feeling about FLYBE. I wonder if they weren't English based it people would be more supportive of them operating the busier routes up here! If they can operate a commercial service and make it self sustaining then it should be championed as it provides a much better tax payer value.
You seriously think people are critical of FlyBE because they are based in England? You have a very warped view, I'm afraid. It's as if you're looking for an excuse to just shout "oh, they hate the English".

I'm critical of BE for many reasons and not one of them is because they are based in England. I judge an airline on personal experience and their records, not on where they are based. Their complete and utter inability to operate DND-AMS, which is (or was before they abruptly stopped the route) proving to actually be popular, and not even having the decency to tell people why is one of the big reasons I no longer have many positive things to say about them. What they are doing there is ridiculous. I feel the route should be handed over the to the newly reborn Loganair as they cannot possibly run it any worse than BE have. They may actually fly a plane from DND to AMS!