PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can a passenger operate the aircraft controls
Old 19th Dec 2016, 13:03
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can a passenger operate the aircraft controls

I'm assisting someone in the family court as a mckenzie friend, as we want to be absolutely sure we have got this right, an input from other instructors would be good. Here is situation:

Mother and father have separated, father is a very experienced instructor (SEP) and ATPL, the mother is preventing the father from teaching his children to fly. The father isn't prevented from flying the children as passengers.

The interim order states that the father can not give the children flying lessons unless he provides the following to the mother:

(a) UK CAA CofA
(b) UK CAA Medical
(c) UK CAA Registration Document
(d) Certificate of Insurance
(e) UK CAA Flight Crew Licence
(f) UK Driving Licence and Car Insurance (to get to the airport)

The mother is doing this simply out of anger and spite. Neither the mother or her barrister are are pilots, hence they would not understand the difference between a CofA and Permit to fly or even know of EASA, infact they originally stated they want to see the aircraft MOT!! I also don't think they know what constitutes a CofA

So my questions are:

(a)In the interim can the the father allow the children under his supervision operate the aircraft controls, if the flight is not logged or counted as an instructional flight.

(b) Can anyone, other that the secretary of state, the CAA or an authorised person (examiner, aircraft commander, flight instructor) demand to see the aircraft document and flight crew licence.

(c) Finally, just out of interest, do the Police have the right to inspect aircraft and crew licences.

Obviously, in the long term, the aim is to overturn the interim order, but we need to convince a district judge who knows nothing about aviation!