PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 19th Dec 2016, 06:57
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok last try :
Jack11111:
worry not about the static in the air.
I've been called a lot of things in my days but this one is new

Airbubba :
In the 1997 SilkAir 185 crash a poster here correctly gave the probable cause within a few days
I was there also and remember well. You correctly say "probable cause " because it still is the the theory that best fit the event but no hard evidence of it was ever produced as far as I know,.
If you look at the CRJ/Sweden report being discussed right now, the final report gives a totally different answer as what was discussed here , and also perhaps add another possibility at those accidents of 20 years ago.
Similarly the discussion on Asiana 777/SFO . Those "idiots" that could not fly a visual, remember ? but the final NTSB report gives a very different picture that rather aim at the manufacturer and the airline than to the " idiots "pilots up front. Sometimes we are our worst enemy here.

Towerdog :
Egypt Air was pretty obvious, the F/O piece of [...]
Many of these accidents being discussed on PPRuNe seems to be spot on long before the report comes out.
Gulf Air Bus: Those guys did not know how to do instrument flying, they lost control of a perfectly good plane.
Same with the bus in Libya, they cocked it up and crashed a brand new airplane.
Thanks for proving my point . No further comment .

Finally Lemme :
Thanks for replying to my questions . I get it now . It is a fee space here, and you have followers, Jut be careful not to hurt anybody in the process because you are swimming in murky waters and I may add , at night . .
I cannot attest to the flightradar24.com data as factual
and :
I have great trust in the BAE marketing brochure
Good luck. see you back when the report is out.