PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct entry F/O in major US airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2016, 06:54
Flykri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the late answer and thanks a lot for all your inputs.

Looks like a difficult path to get to those majors.

Let's assume I have the green card, a four year degree and my FAA ATP. What kind of salary after tax I could expect? Number of days off, vac, per diem (allowances). Does that vary a lot between the majors or is it more or less standard package for all of them?

To be honest I'm not complaining about my salary eventhough I could as well get more in a European major (but they are not hiring...). As in aviation, we are not shy on sharing our salary Im soon reaching 6000€/month plus 300€ allowances. Every night in my own bed. 10 off days per month + 30 days vac per year. Pension (if stays the same) 5000 net per month and leaving package (this is the interesting part) +- 1.2M € at the age of 60. Flying the Q400 75-80h/month. Quite tiring (4 sectors per day), short turnarounds or enormous amount of duty but few block hours (around 10h duty for 5h block)

In summary, I can't complain but I doubt more and more that my company will still be there in 25years... They lack vision and are afraid to take any decision. Moreover, aviation in Europe is dead (career and money wise) except if you are willing to work for a LCC like Ryanair. Disgusting...

For info, don't tell me to go work in the UAE, I went there, took and passed the test at EK but finally refused to join the company at the end. Not sure I could have happily lived in the desert...

Voilà!

You know everything!