PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2016, 23:24
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My instinctive reaction to elements of the post by Air Police was utter astonishment
It is these multiple and important misrepresentations, and the seeming zero effort to be accountable for correction/retraction which leave me feeling that the topic should not just fade away. I have believe that TCT is well aware of the concerns raised in these pages, and yet nothing in terms of correcting all of the wrongs.

Though I do not see this as a "legal" matter, I do see it as an offense against aviation peers. As a member of the aviation community in the larger sense, I don't feel that it's right, or fair to we peers that TCT could simply remain silent, accept accolades and speaking engagements as though nothing is wrong, and just let it all blow over by ignoring it.

If TCT were a quiet private citizen, and something were "off" about her aviation exploits, that would be one thing, but TCT has eagerly stepped into the public spot light many times, and represented us. In doing so, she has to be held to a high standard. The public simply does not know any better, but we, her peers do. In my opinion, it is our responsibility to the less familiar public to take action to maintain truth and honour in aviation, rather than just let wrongs fade into the shadows because the accused will not answer the multiple expressions of concern.