PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2016, 23:10
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issue hasn't been ignored (plenty of discussion on these forums), but everybody is guessing cos its never happened before.

My comment was motivated after comments in Daily T business section about easyjet future difficulties after the Brexit vote. Their share price crashed after the vote and a contributory factor was mentioned as the difficulty it was going to have with its EU bases on an UK AOC and the uncertainty that created. There is talk that it has identified a solution to that. If the financial commentators, and market makers, were concerned about this effect on easyjet why have they not expressed concern on the mirror problems and uncertainties it should cause to operators e.g. RYR and its UK bases? At the time it was perceived that easyjet would have major problems there was no discussion about hard/soft Brexit, it was simply about the necessity and difficulty in establishing an EU based AOC and uncertainties. If the markets consider that true for one why is it not true for all?