PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 18th Dec 2016, 22:20
lemme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
Lemme :
The first question that come to my mind is why are you doing this? Is it just a hobby or is it professionally motivated, like selling a technology or a project/ idea ? or just wanting to show what people can do with FR24/ ADS ?
(apologies, off thread) This is an unpaid personal quest looking at options for telemetry (not system health monitoring). I am on pprune.org seeking help to answer questions (crowd sourcing). I have responded to questions I have studied thinking to be helpful, and that has brought some interesting new aspects to light. Challenging assumptions, looking at the data again, running down a dead-end...maybe we don't find something new or wrong, but sometimes we pick up a gem that becomes instrumental in unexpected ways.

I keep assembling more and more information in my analysis. I am sharing the blog because I think others might have similar questions and may find the information helpful. The fine line is to not represent it as a factual report, which of course, it is not. I cannot attest to the flightradar24.com data as factual, just for starters. But I am mindful of correlation in data sets too, so agree have to tread carefully. My stock is in the flightradar24.com ADS-B data, the BAE FCOM Vol 1, photos of the crash site, the approach transcript, Google Earth and Excel. I have great trust in the BAE marketing brochure and information relating to engine off glide matching from two different sources.