PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fun and games at Goulburn Airport...
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2016, 22:09
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goulburn is not the only airport with problems. Watch this space for reports on Essendon's latest employee once he gets into top gear.

Despite the best efforts of the now outgoing chairman of GAC his little mate was unable to be saved. Given the great surprise his resignation caused I guess it was just lucky a qualified Airport Manager was hanging about under a shady tree nearby and was able to take up the reins that afternoon.

In a year or so most of the court cases generated by the outgoing manager should be cleared up at great expense to the airport.

Anyone interested in 2 brand new never used baggage unloaders at $150,000 each or a quantity of expensive Italian floor tiles ( never used) should contact the GAC.

It only took 3 or 4 years to settle a new lease agreement for the ground a group of existing private hangars stand on and that took lawyers at 10 paces.

Gladstone just went through a $ 70 Billion boom and was full of cashed up bored FIFO workers. Mr Cash can honestly say that on his watch no new private hangar was built and a flying school plus the aero club closed down. A proud achievement.

I have been looking for evidence that he ever answered a phone call or e-mail. The search continues.

To my knowledge no attempt was made on his life in Gladstone which made a change from his 2 previous appointments.

Good luck Essendon. I do hope there is a 3 month trial period.

CEO resigns, Airport to pay $1.7M to council
30th May 2016 7:18 PM Updated: 31st May 2016 7:32 AM
AT ITS board meeting on Monday Gladstone Airport Corporation approved payment of almost $1.7M to the Gladstone Regional Council.
It is the first of three annual payments that will be made in respect of tax equivalents and competitive neutrality fees by the airport corporation.
GAC as a corporation does not pay tax to the federal Government and the Australian Taxation Office, but must pay the equivalent of corporate taxes to its shareholder GRC, a statement from the corporation said.
GAC Chairman David Hamill said this payment represents a return to ratepayers based on the profitable operation of the airport.
The board has also received the resignation of Phillip Cash as the CEO of GAC.
They will appoint a successor.
"Mr Cash is a highly experienced airport manager who has made a significant contribution to the airport both in terms of its facilities and operations during the four years in which he fulfilled that role. We wish him well for the future," the statement went on to say.
The board has appointed Terry Dower, an operations manager in the capacity of interim CEO in order to ensure the continued safe and smooth running of the airport.