PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA captain went above & beyond
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2016, 21:47
slfool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arfur Dent
IT makes you wonder who was responsible for deserting the passengers in such a way. There should be no way baggage handlers should all disappear knowing that an aircraft full of passengers is en route.
Very well done to the Captain but somebody should be called to account for this situation.
The captain eventually managed to get an answer to that for us. There were multiple delayed flights landing around that time and there were insufficient baggage handling teams on duty to cope with them, so there was a queue of unloaded planes. I don't know who does BA's handling at Manchester but it was hopeless last night, and there were no BA ground staff present either. Some random ground staff who were passing through tried to get the terminal manager to come down, nobody had appeared by the time I left at 2AM. So it's not just BA who were sadly lacking last night, Manchester Airport that screwed up badly as well. But that's no surprise, the reputation of the airport is bad and my one past attempt at a complaining didn't even get a response. Lots of people will drive to Liverpool rather than fly out of Manchester, it's a pretty awful experience most of the time.