PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for some advices for my training
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2016, 21:03
CEA330Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
777_Lover;
I went to Seneca 30 years ago. It was a top school then, and from what I understand it remains so. So is Sault College. My advise would be to go to a school that offers the flying training for free. Study hard as it's very competitive. Regarding the diploma, it is not really worth much outside the aviation industry. If the school offers advanced degrees then you might want to consider this. The other route that you may want to consider is the military. I've planted the seed with my boys. I'm not ex-military, however, there are plenty of good reasons to think about it: (1) your university degree is paid for as are most of your expenses, (2) you flying is paid for, (3) they pay you while you are going to university and (4) you can graduate with money in your pocket and the opportunity to fly big jets, fast jets, helicopters etc. Don't rule it out. At 17 you have time on your side. One last parting word; don't get into flying if you are not willing to move around the country or perhaps the globe. The market in Canada is too unpredictable to be fixated on one place. Embrace living in other parts of the country/globe and the world will be your oyster.