PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 18th Dec 2016, 19:16
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More I read of lemme`s post the more I begin to understand that his interest in this particular accident is academic. It appears to me that he is trying his level best to engage with pilots, rattle some inadvertently of course, in the process, in order perhaps to expand and advance his knowledge on his chosen field of endeavour. Namely ADS-B and Flight Data Monitoring as a tool for telemetry in aviation. Nothing new really, it has been going on for some time now. However I would suggest that this particular accident involves relatively few and fairly straight forward circumstances. At this juncture, known facts may be few but are overwhelmingly persuasive as to cause. I therefore cannot quite see how an all dancing singing FDM system with ADS-B could possibly have made a difference. Look at the Azores Glider event. A much larger aircraft , A330 and dead stick 65 miles out from 34,500 ft. at dead of night with nothing but ocean all around. What was the difference but the two guys up front, nothing else. In this particular case they were near enough on top of the rwy and what did they do, they stuck the nose right down and headed for the VOR. So what`s all the hydraulics and windmilling fan blades got to do with anything. For me the olde proverb says it all, thrust is a must , but lift is a gift. So no use just sitting there hammering at the top of the instrument panel insisting, demanding I must have thrust, look N1 says I do and all the time looking the gift horse in the mouth.