PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former Paras prosecuted for Murder in 1974
Old 18th Dec 2016, 15:15
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
racedo,

I must confess to posting in ignorance, I often find I don't have the time to read through every post in a thread from start to finish. But your comment above prompted me to do so, belatedly so I admit. I take on board your claim that all are subject to HETs investigations.

But I was sure that all previous convictions and illegal acts were subject to an amnesty as a result of the GFA.

One more point though, are any former or current members of any of the terrorist organizations connected with Northern Ireland being pursued with a view to possible trial for murder and terrorism?

Also, I notice that you view all acts of violence on the part of various republican groups as a reaction to provocation by acts of violence by either the UDA, UVF or Security Services and Army. Can it not be seen th other way round? rather than heaping responsibility on to the shoulders of the British Authorities or unionist terrorists?

This is the same mentality which sweepingly avoids a judgmental approach to the atrocities of Daesh, but instead blames the US and UK for their behaviour, as if Daesh are somehow all below the legal age of responsibility.

FB

But I'LL stand corrected