PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew to strike
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2016, 11:45
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
But to alarge degree it comes back in all these situations to a general feeling of unhappiness. And most of them have a point to some degree .I don't for example notice anyone on here saying why are VS pilots talking about striking after all planes fly themselves these days and therefore the job is very easy and doesnt deserve better pay and conditions and as for this fatigue bit well you try doing a ten hour day with 2 hours on the M25 at each end blah blah blah...

No the problem is that close on ten years of dishonesty and unethical and often useless managements (and the Union management are included in that) focussed only on increasing their salary , bonuses and stock options has gradually begun to catch up with UK Plc with far too many people earning inadequate salaries for any sort of life especially if you live near or commute to LHR. People have learned that in todays world you get paid not what you are worth but what you can screw out of employer-hence TFL drivers get big money because no tube no London. Also people in these age groups have seen city folk bring the country to its knees and yet still earn big bucks because in their case as has been demonstrated for the most part they lose our money not their own.

Its like the invisible Surrey and Sussex Tory MPs who never said a word about the Southern Trains fiasco but as soon as the Union really do put the screws on its ban strikes and curb union power.

And as I have said before I think it is sad and pretty hypocritical for many on here to lambast people on very low wages who mostly doa decent job and most certainly are not part of that section of BA CC who we have all experienced at times who may by some measures may have been overpaid