PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An old pilot returns to the fold. A ramble from the past
Old 18th Dec 2016, 11:34
ElderlyGent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I GUESS YOU SUSSED ME OUT

So many thanks for all the comments. Seeing over 600 views is a real bonus. . Now.....
To SFCC
I attach a photo you will remember. G-AWDA (I hope) That's NOT me in the photo. A friend with large sideburns, Oh the fashions in those days.

To TangoAlphad. et al
AS you say, it would cost a lot of money to even go solo, so we think alike in saying that I could just get an instructor, who may also be racking up hours to move onto airline stuff, to see just how good I can get back in the groove. There are several other fields near to Ocala, (yes that's the field I will be near to when in Florida).for touch and goes, and a host of VORS and NDBs to see if I can still do all that stuff.
I would be happy to pay for many flights of that sort., just for the personal satisfction of getting into the air again.

I wonder if you might like to read some stories of how it was in the 1950s, and stuf like my first solo in an Auster J4. Would that need a seperate thread. Just askin' is all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
GAWDA.JPG (32.2 KB, 135 views)