PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap flying schools?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2016, 00:46
lukeh08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again all,

I go to Donair currently, and I too can confirm its a brilliant club and the staff are also very understanding of my situatuion. At Donair, I am charged 145 for the following : A 20 minute or so brief, unlimited landing fees at EGNX, and an hour of dual in the good old 152.

Leicester from what I am aware offer roughly the same, however they charge 135. Personally, whilst it is 10 more at Donair, i think i get the better service especially since i have East Midlands to play at (Probably the best time of my life talking to ATC and landing there) compared to Leicesters little airfield. What club would you guys pick out of those , would you agree on my point or would you differ?

Also, any club upto 30 miles in any direction from Anstey would be as far as i can go (The parents dont enjoy shuttling me round haha) so if you know any please drop them down.

Gliding is one of those that looks fun but im not sure id really enjoy it as much as i do flying the props. I am aiming to complete my PPL without any loans and hopefully done when i turn 18. (Probably nearer 19, im not rich. dammit ) After i leave college, my plan is to then start hitting the CPL and ATPL ratings until i can eventually get a job at a small airline. Its at this point where i would take out those heafty loans. Any advice from you guys on that part to?

Cheers all,
Luke.