PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end for VA?
Thread: The end for VA?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2016, 23:56
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I think we think it is the case but whether it is true is a completely different matter.

I have heard so many rumours told with absolute conviction and certainty that I know for a fact were bull**** that when someone says something that they cannot possibly know for sure to be the case then i get suspicious.

Let's face it, there would be a small circle in VA finance that would know who is getting paid what - and they wouldn't blab for fear of getting the arse, the individual leasing companies would know but they wouldn't blab in case it started a loss of confidence that sent the business into greater financial difficulty - meaning they would be even less likely to get their dough - so they wouldn't blab and if it was really true they would come in and grab their aeroplanes. Look back to compass I or II and see how quickly the lessors moved.

I don't doubt they are stretching their payment terms out and many many business do the same - not uncommon to see business run in 90 day accounts payable - it sucks for those that are owed the money but not all that uncommon.