PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2016, 12:15
VAMY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LNAV VNAV -
I was on final 34R yesterday morning and I saw vehicles and people with high visibility vests around the jetties that looked like they were working there.
"A few orange vests and vehicles do not an economic recovery make"...and I'm not being negative, merely realistic. The terminal may well look complete internally but I can assure you that looks can be deceiving-there is still much work to be done just on the Terminal interior alone. Then there are ALL the other construction areas, that were planned as part of the airport project, but have now been stopped or construction work has ceased.

The planned huge hangar construction area to the North of the Royal Hangar remains untouched for more than a year. The same is true for the railway connection to the terminal area, which is an integral part of the airport project, as well as all the necessary road improvements and routes. There's no obvious progress or restart of these construction areas.

Furthermore, the Saudi government have had to go to the IMF for an "economy bailout loan", the first time in about thirty years. Delude yourself if you wish. However, the wider considered evidence suggest a real financial problem with the country.